• Gerardo Santana Trujillo has translated Vilém Flusser´s Für eine Schule der Zukunft into Spanish with a short introduction.
• In February 2013 Univocal is going to publish Post-History, an English translation of Vilém Flusser’s Pós-história by Rodrigo Maltez Novaes. http://www.univocalpublishing.com/books/102-post-history-by-vilem-flusser. This is the first of a total of eight planned English translations that are going to be published over the next four years.
• On the 8th March 2013 is going to be held a "Jornada sobre a pós-história", a day dedicated to the notion of post-history at the University of Belo Horizonte, Brazil (FAFICH):
• Annablume editora has published Rodrigo Duarte’s Pós-história de Vilém Flusser: gênese-anatomia-desdobramentos.
• Two new books on Flusser have been recently published.
• Anne Popiel, Of Pixels and Particles: The digital connection between nature and art in Vilém Flusser’s philosophy
• A new Spanish Flusser internet site has been created by Breno Onetto Muñoz and Gerardo Santana Trujillo: http://www.flusserestudios.cl/index.htm
• Two new projects originating from the Vilém Flusser Archive in Berlin (Universität der Künste, UDK) have been recently launched: http://metafluxlab.net/ and http://genealogy-of-media-thinking.net/?lang=de.
• From the 5th to the 7th December 2012 was held the International Flusser-Symposium „Do conceito à imagem: a cultura da mídia pós-Vilém Flusser“ (“From Concept to Image: media culture after Vilém Flusser“) at the Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Norte (UFRN) in Natal, Brazil: http://flusser2012.blogspot.ch/
• Claudia Becker, research supervisor at the Flusser Archive in Berlin, is organizing the full digitization of all archival materials over the next two years. A ‘mirror-archive’ will be available at PUC in São Paulo, thanks to the efforts of Norval Baitello.
• Univocal (http://univocalpublishing.com/), distributed by the University of Minnesota Press, Flusser’s main publisher in the United States, will bring out a considerable number of Flusser translations from Portuguese to English over the next several years. Translated by Rodrigo Maltez Novaes, these texts include some of Flusser’s main works: Post-History and Natural:mente (to be published in 2013); On Doubt, The History of the Devil, Language and Reality, Philosophy of Language, Foundational Concepts of Western Thought and Importance of Existential Thought are planned to appear in subsequent years.
• Nancy Roth has finished her translation of Gesten for the University of Minnesota Press. The book should be published in 2013.
• The Freedom of the Migrant: Objections to Nationalism, edited by Anke Finger and translated by Kenneth Kronenberg, will be available in paperback in 2013 from the University of Illinois Press.
• Vassilis Galanos has translated Vilém Flusser’s “Counter-vision”
• Editora Paulus has published O explorador de abismos. Vilém Flusser e o pós-humanismo by Erick Felinto and Lucia Santaella: http://www.paulus.com.br/o-explorador-de-abismos-vilem-flusser-e-o-poshumanismo_p_2995.html
• The Brazilian on-line journal IHU (Instituto Humanitas Unisinos) has published a whole issue on the work and life of Vilém Flusser: http://www.ihuonline.unisinos.br/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=4564&secao=399
• University of Minnesota Press has published a new translation of Vilém Flusser’s and Louis Bec’s Vampyroteuthis infernalis by Valentine A. Pakis http://www.upress.umn.edu/book-division/books/vampyroteuthis-infernalis
• From the 24th to the 25th May 2012 the International Flusser-Symposium "Flusser em Fluxo" was held in the Auditório Rachel de Queiroz at the Universidade Federal do Ceará (UFC), Brazil: http://www.grupovilemflusser.ufc.br/. The proceedings of the symposium are going to be published in Flusser Studies 15 in May 2013.
• Marcel René Marburger from the Universität der Künste Berlin (Germany) has published a dissertation on Vilém Flusser's theory of art: "Flusser und die Kunst" (Edition_I/f/u/S, Band 23, Köln 2011).
• Editora Humanitas has published Vilém Flusser. A tradução na sociedade pós-historica by Cláudia Santana Martins.
• From the 18th to the 21st October 2011 was held the International Flusser-Symposium „Imagem, Imaginaçâo, Fantasia. Vinte anos sem Vilém Flusser“ (“Image, Imagination, Fantasy. Twenty years without Vilém Flusser“) at the Instituto de Filosofia, Arte e Culturas (IFAC) of the UFOP in Ouro Preto, Minas Gerais, Brazil: http://www.abrestetica.org.br/abrestetica/vilem.html
• Annablume (São Paulo) has recently published A filosofia da ficção de Vilém Flusser edited by Gustavo Bernardo: http://www.annablume.com.br/comercio/product_info.php?products_id=1578
• Annablume has also reedited Vilém Flusser’s Natural:mente. Vários acessos ao significado de natureza: http://www.annablume.com.br/comercio/product_info.php?products_id=1577 as well as Filosofia da Caixa Preta. Ensaios para uma futura filosofia da fotgrafia http://www.annablume.com.br/
• Annablume (São Paulo) has recently published Pós-Historia. Vinte instantâneos e um modo de usar with an excellent foreword by Rodrigo Duarte http://www.annablume.com.br/
• Atropos Press (New York and Dresden) has just published the first English translation of Flusser's Vampyroteuthis Infernalis. Rodrigo Novaes translated the Portuguese version of the text which differs significantly from the German.
• In March 2011 University of Minnesota Press published two books by Vilém Flusser: Into the Universe of Technical Images (http://www.upress.umn.edu/Books/F/flusser_into.html) and Does Writing Have a Future? (http://www.upress.umn.edu/Books/F/flusser_does.html) both translated by Nancy Ann Roth, with an introduction by Mark Poster. In May 2011 Vilém Flusser. An Introduction by Anke Finger, Rainer Guldin and Gustavo Bernardo was also published (http://www.upress.umn.edu/Books/F/finger_vilem.html).
• From the 3rd to 4th May 2010 was held the international Flusser Symposium “Do Diabólico ao Simbólico: A Filosofia de Vilém Flusser" at the Faculdade de Letras of the University of Lisbon (Portugal) (http://arevistaentre.blogspot.com/2010/04/coloquio-internacional-do-diabolico-ao_30.html). The proceedings are going to be published in the May 2011 issue of Flusser Studies. (Guest-editor: Dirk-Michael Hennrich).
• Annablume (São Paulo) has recently published:
• From the 5th to the 14th of August 2010 was held in Rio de Janeiro and on Isla Grande the International Flusser-Symposium “A filosofia da fiçção de Vilém Flusser” (http://www.dubitoergosum.xpg.com.br/1simpflusser.htm).
2009 and before
• A Portuguese and an Italian translation of Flusser´s Ins Universum der technischen Bilder have recently been published: O universo das imagens técnicas, Annablume, São Paulo, 2008 and Immagini. Come la tecnologia ha cambiato la nostra percezione del mondo, Fazi, Rome 2009.
• Two books of essays on Vilém Flusser have recently been published: Susanne Klengel / Holger Siever (ed.), Das dritte Ufer. Vilém Flusser und Brasilien, Königshausen & Neumann, Würzburg 2009 (proceedings of the first international Symposium on Flusser and Brazil „A terceira margem: Vilém Flusser und Brasilien. Kontexte - Migration – Übersetzung” held at the Johannes Gutenberg-Universität Mainz in Germersheim from the 12th to the 14th of October 2006) and Oliver Fahle, Michael Hanke, Andreas Ziemann (ed.), Technobilder und Kommunikologie. Die Medientheorie Vilém Flussers, Parerga Verlag, Berlin 2009 (proceedings of the Flusser-Kolloquium entitled "Die Medien- und Bildtheorie Vilém Flussers" held from the 29th to the 31st of March 2007 and organized by the Bauhaus University in Weimar).
• On ‘you tube’ are now available two shorter videos on Flusser about nomadism.
• Annablume (São Paulo) has recently published Vilém Flusser: uma introdução by Gustavo Bernardo, Anke Finger and Rainer Guldin (http://www.annablume.com.br/comercio/product_info.php?cPath=14&products_id=1008). The German version of this text was published in early 2009 by Wilhelm Fink in UTB-Profile (http://www.utb.de/profile.html). The English edition, entitled Vilém Flusser: An Introduction will be published by the University of Minnesota Press in 2011.
• A new choice of texts in Portuguese translation has been edited by Rafael Cardoso: Vilém Flusser, O mundo codificado: por uma filosofia do design e da comunicação. Organised by Rafael Cardoso and translated by Raquel Abi-Sâmara São Paulo: Cosac Naif, 2007; 224 pp. ISBN: 978-85-7503-593-1.
• A Spanish translation of Flusser’s Die alphanumerische Gesellschaft (Medienkultur, Frankfurt a. M. 1997, p. 41-60) by Breno Onetto Muñoz is available at
• Thomas Karlsohn from the University of Göteborg has published a dissertation on Vilém Flusser's media-theory. (Karlsohn, Thomas, Passage mellan medier. Vilém Flusser, datorn och skriften, Göteborg: Institutionen för idéhistoria och vetenskapsteori 2005). Please view the abstract in English: Karlsohn abstract.